Sunday, February 21, 2010

Old Man Winter probably has a mustache

I was just thinking, "man, I am so sick of driving in the snow...", and it made me pine for the spring and summer when I work at a cart drawing caricatures at Boston's Faneuil Hall (well actually its Marketplace Center, but same thing to me). Melissa is a grad student studying to become a teacher, and she was nice enough to let me use some of her pictures from last August when she visited Boston. I wish she removed the plastic bag BEFORE taking a picture of the finished caricature (the glare is intense!) but I guess I'm lucky to have an example of retail work at all. Melissa seemed a little chagrined at her caricature's body, but hey, sometimes you have to go for a laugh (plus i love drawing sexy school teachers!). The drawing is done on 8"x10" cardstock with Sharpie Calligraphic pen and Chartpak markers.


-SxW






No comments:

Post a Comment